When the checkered falls on the conclusion of the AAA 400 drive For Autism Sunday afternoon at Dover foreign Raceway, the NASCAR dash Cup collection season should be one-third comprehensive.
through now, the entire Cup groups and drivers have raced on each conceivable classification of circuit aside from the two street classes on the schedule. The squads have satisfactory races under their belts at this time to know where they measure up, both relative to the competitors and to their personal expectations ahead of the delivery of the season.
it be all there in black-and-white on the NASCAR superstar sheet. The numbers -- the respectable ones and the unhealthy ones alike -- don't lie.
With that in mind, listed below are eight challenging questions concerning the 2016 NASCAR season that need solutions.
eight. WHEN WILL THE 20/22 CURSE BE LIFTED? -- final yr, Joey Logano won a sequence-excessive six sprint Cup races, while Matt Kenseth became tied for 2nd with five victories. but ever in view that their kerfuffle at Martinsville remaining fall, neither driver has gained a race, besides the fact that children each have had a large number of strong runs. Which of these drivers will win first? it be a fascinating query.
7. WHEN WILL ROUSH OR CHILDRESS WIN? -- Between them Richard Childress Racing and Roush Fenway Racing have eight NASCAR Premier sequence championships and 240 race victories. but the closing time either crew won a Cup race became 2013. sooner or later, they are because of smash through. The ideal wager to win might possibly be RCR's Austin Dillon, who's having fun with a superb season up to now.
6. HAS DANICA PATRICK PLATEAUED? -- In her first three full-time sprint Cup seasons, Danica Patrick complete twenty seventh, twenty eighth and 24th in facets. This 12 months, she's twenty fifth, with zero finishes within the proper 15 within the first 11 races. If progress is being made, it be in incredibly small increments. Her exciting advertising and marketing enchantment can also have the funds for Patrick a protracted career, but the on-tune effects to date proven little growth.
5. CAN KYLE BUSCH REPEAT? -- For years, Kyle Busch become the premiere active dash Cup driver who'd certainly not received a title. but we captured his first championship in 2015 and he is simply crushing it up to now this yr, winning three times in 11 races. The Chase format suggests repeating could be challenging, however Busch actually has the crew and the ability to make it ensue. Then again, 2014 champ Kevin Harvick could take it away from Busch and so might Jimmie Johnson or even one in all Busch's teammates.
4. WILL JIMMIE JOHNSON WIN NO. 7? -- When Johnson received 5 consecutive sprint Cup titles from 2006-10, it appeared like a foregone conclusion that he'd win eight or more earlier than he retired. however he's won only one title in the ultimate five seasons and the competitors is quite stout at this time. He has two victories this 12 months, so don't count number him out, but he is now not dominant.
3. CAN JGR BE STOPPED? -- With victories in six of the primary eleven races after a championship campaign in 2015, Joe Gibbs Racing at this time is posting the top-rated effects of any group. however no one stays on accurate continually and JGR has certainly not won consecutive Cup titles. Will a person rise up to challenge JGR? in that case, who? Hendrick Motorsports, Stewart-Haas Racing and team Penske appear to have the greatest shot.
2. WILL THERE BE a primary-TIME CHAMP? -- JGR teammates Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin have each and every received 27 races, while Dale Earnhardt Jr. of Hendrick Motorsports has won 26. none of the three have ever gained a series championship, youngsters Edwards and Hamlin have each accomplished 2d in points and Earnhardt third. Can one of those three, or maybe even Joey Logano, finally seal the deal this yr?
1. WILL TONY STEWART MAKE THE CHASE? -- In his remaining season as a driver, Stewart has 15 more options to win a dash Cup normal season race and become eligible to compete for the Chase for the NASCAR dash Cup. In his first three races again from damage, Stewart has run well to date. but no matter if he could make the Chase or no longer may be the most closely watched story of the summer time.